Without a proper valuation, you risk getting a bad deal from an investor - or worse yet. No deal at all.
If you've ever been through an investor meeting. You already know that it's often (rarely) "fun". The process is designed to question every aspect of your idea, your market, your product, and YOU. It's the potential investor's job to pick every aspect of these apart to ensure that you have considered every scenario, eventuality, and potential roadblock - before they part with one red cent.
Remember, just because you are sitting next to someone with money to invest. That doesn't mean you are going to get some of it.
How We Can Help - The Process
As you well know, for most investor presentations it’s a one-time opportunity to tell your story, gain interest and explain how investors will see a return. It is amongst the most high-pressure situations a founding leadership team will be involved in. Yet when successful, it can be life-changing.
Investor Summary Sheets
- Introductory snapshot of the business opportunity that can be shared quickly to gauge interest from potential investors, up to 3 versions targeting unique investor profiles.
- Investor summary sheets are used to guide the initial pitch discussions in a step-by-step manner.
- Includes all the top-level categories of the Private Placement Memorandum (PPM).
- This key piece of the project will be the means by which details of the company and the opportunity are communicated to potential investors. Elements will include the following:
A detailed description and plans for the business opportunity
- Depending upon the opportunity – some or all of the items below:
- The Problem(s)
- The Solution(s)
- Lines of business
- The Market
- Industry, Competitors, SWOT analysis
- Sustainable Competitive Advantages (SCA)
- Marketing Strategy
- Sales Strategy
- Leadership Team
- Existing and/or Pro Forma Financials
- Usage of Funds
- Boilerplate Risks and Disclaimers
- The ”Ask”, and investment process.
A PowerPoint presentation for use when conversing with or presenting to investors. This document captures previously mentioned deliverables and organizes the presentation into a cohesive and succinct presentation that delivers your message about why you are worth the investment.